RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › BiochemistryChemistry › Computational chemistryChemistry › OtherComputer science › OtherEngineering › Civil engineeringEnvironmental science › OtherEthics in social sciences › OtherPhysics › BiophysicsTechnology › Materials technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/02/2019 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSlovenia › Izola
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The InnoRenew CoE is seeking a well-qualified individual to work on a collaborative research project with the University of Primorska. The researcher will be employed at the InnoRenew CoE and University of Primorska and enrol as a doctoral student at the Faculty of Education at the University of Primorska. The emphasis of this position is on the development of an innovative computer-assisted lifelong learning methodology for scientific literacy in materials across professions, career span, gender, age, and culture. The position is located in Izola and Koper, Slovenia.
Knowledge of materials, their properties, and behaviour are critical topics that influence sustainability and the sustainable development of a society. Collaboration between the education sector, industry, and research institutes will support the development of a framework to investigate the awareness gaps of diverse user groups across professional fields, career span, gender, age, and culture. It is expected that the researcher will use various research methods combining social science, usability studies (user-centred design, design-based research), and interdisciplinary approaches.
Goals and Tasks
The overall goal of the PhD project is to create content for a life-long scientific literacy programme focused on materials. The candidate’s main tasks will be:
- preparation and execution of a research plan for interdisciplinary education in materials,
- review of existing systems and comparison of the state of the art concepts for lifelong learning education,
- development of training programs suitable for diverse user groups, and
- development of innovative computer-assisted learning software.
The researcher will write articles for academic, professional, and lay-audiences to extend the reach of their research. Additionally, they will be involved in preparing at least one funding proposal seeking to extend research support their PhD research topic and field.
- Master’s Degree in Social Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Computational Chemistry, Material Science, Wood Science, Civil engineering, Environmental engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related area
- Advanced skills in computer-assisted learing
- High motivation for implementing and working in interdisciplinary research projects
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken English
- Ability to formulate and communicate new research ideas (research proposal preparation, scholarly publications)
What we offer
The InnoRenew CoE was established based on a flagship project funded by the European Commission and the Republic of Slovenia.
- 1 year contract with option for renewal (recommended duration for doctoral studies is 4 years)
- Competitive salary with possible performance-based raises
- Opportunity to work on a prestigious H2020 project
How to apply
Interested applicants should send:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter for this doctoral position (maximum one A4 page)
- Summary of previous research experience (master thesis for example)
- Certified copy of master´s degree certificate and official transcript of records, and their translations, if the originals are not in English.
- All materials should be in English and submitted in PDF format no later than February 15, 2019 via e-mail to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Employment opportunities, admissions policies, activities, services, and the facilities of the InnoRenew CoE do not exclude any person on the basis of race, color, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, or disability.
The InnoRenew CoE and the University of Primorska reserves the right for justified reasons to leave the position open, to extend the application period and to consider candidates who have not submitted applications during the application period.
Learn how to apply at: http://innorenew.eu/jobs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEthics in social sciences: Master Degree or equivalentBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentTechnology: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 361800