ORGANISATION/COMPANYFachhochschule St. Pölten
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/04/2019 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONAustria › St. Pölten
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
This position is vacant at the Institute of Creative\Media/Technologies.
Junior Researcher (m/f) Digital Technologies
- Working in diverse R&D projects of the IC\M/T – primarily in the research group Digital Technologies
- Prototypical implementation, testing and evaluation of hardware and software
- Investigation, evaluation and utilisation of the latest research findings
- Writing scientific publications and reports
- Presentation of research findings at conferences and events in the scientific community
- Networking and representation in the scientific community
- To a minor extent, assisting in teaching and the supervision of student papers and academic projects
- Collaboration in the drafting of new research proposals
- To a minor extent, assisting with the administrative and organisational tasks of the department
- Successfully completed studies of informatics, business informatics, media technologies, mechatronics, automation technology, electronics or a comparable university degree entitling the holder to commence PhD studies
- Professional or practical experience is an advantage
- Distinct analytical skills and excellent knowledge of programming (preferably hardware-related or embedded)
- Knowledge or at least interest in one of the following topics is required: Processes and Workflows, Embedded Systems (sensors)
- Knowledge or at least interest in Industry 4.0 is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good German skills or the willingness to learn the language (for international applicants)
- Ability to work as an autonomous and flexible researcher in an interdisciplinary team
On offer is a position (up to 40 h/week) in the dynamic environment of an ambitious and achievement-oriented University of Applied Sciences.
The minimum gross salary for this position is € 35,700 per year based on 40h/week. Overpayment based on the internal salary structure and individual qualifications and experience is possible. We attach great importance to diversity and equal opportunities. Women are explicitly encouraged to apply. This position is suitable for qualified persons with disabilities.
You may apply online (application form in German) or send your application to: email@example.com.
EURAXESS offer ID: 361808
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.