RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/09/2019 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Paris
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE02/12/2019
Genetic Diseases Imagine Institute aim is to characterize and treat genetic diseases.
An ANR-funded 3 year post-doctoral position is available from December 2019 in the research group of Dr Sven Kracker, which is part of the human lymphohematopoiesis laboratory headed by Isabelle André at the Imagine institute in Paris.
The research team is especially interested in studying the molecular, genetic and pathophysiological mechanisms leading to primary antibody deficiencies (PADs). The overall objective of the work is to identify and characterize novel molecular causes for PADs and to investigate the impact of “hyper-activated” PI3K signalling on gene expression, lymphocyte function and differentiation.
The Imagine institute represents an excellent setting to pursue such studies.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher (m/f) with strong expertise in immunology and intracellular signaling, excited by clinical translational challenges and proven ability to work independently.
- Implementation of the project in connection with the research lab and other clincial departments
- Performing of functional studies in cellullar systems
- Implementation, adaptation and coordination of cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Apply for grant calls, results communication inside and outside the laboratory (European network, national and international conferences)
- Mastery of flow cytometry
- Mastery of in vitro cell culture techniques in confined spaces (SPF2) and excellent knowledge of molecular biology tools
- Knowledge in genetic, epigenetic and RNA expression profiling analysis (whole exome sequencing, whole genome sequencing, RNA-Sequencing)
- Expertise in immunology, cell signalling, genetic
- Skills in use of computer tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, FlowJo or other flow cytometry analysis softwares, Prism, statistics tools)
- Communicate, transmit knowledge and present data
- Very good level of English (written, spoken, read)
- Rigor, methodology and organization, dynamism, autonomy and critical sense
- Adaptability to time constraints, good laboratory practice
- Interest in innovation, technology development and translational research
- Motivation, interpersonal skills, initiative
Diploma and professional experience required:
- Doctoral degree in life sciences, preferably in Immunology
- Similar professional experience desired
Type of contract and amount of annual salary:
- Fixed term contract for 12 months from December 1st 2019 (renewable up to 2 years)
- Salary according to experience
- Deadline for applications: September 30th, 2019
Applications in English including a cover letter, a detailed CV with publication list and references should be sent to Sarah ENOUZ at email@example.com
Selected publications on the subject:
Bouafia A, et al. (2019) Loss of ARHGEF1 causes a human primary antibody deficiency. The Journal of clinical investigation.
Deau MC, et al. (2014) A human immunodeficiency caused by mutations in the PIK3R1 gene. The Journal of clinical investigation.
Heurtier L, et al. (2017) Mutations in the adaptor-binding domain and associated linker region of p110delta cause Activated PI3K-delta Syndrome 1 (APDS1). Haematologica.
Coulter TI, et al. (2016) Clinical spectrum and features of activated phosphoinositide 3-kinase delta syndrome: A large patient cohort study. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology.
Elkaim E, et al. (2016) Clinical and immunologic phenotype associated with activated phosphoinositide 3-kinase delta syndrome 2: A cohort study. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology.
EURAXESS offer ID: 439839
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.