RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/09/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONBelgium › Gent
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
→ Apply until 10/09/2019 23:59 (Brussels time)
→ Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
→ Department GE39 - Department of Public Health and Primary Care
→ AAP temporary appointment - 10%
→ Number of openings: 1
→ Reference number: 201907/GE39/PA/037
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, and technical and social services on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With each of its 11 faculties and more than 100 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes that are grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its employees as well as its students.
- You will assist in the practicebased teaching in the Master in Health Promotion (i.e. organization, counselling and assessment of internship and practical exercises).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master’s degree. The degree requirements need to be fulfilled at the start of your appointment.
- You have a minimum of three years practical experience in the domain of prevention and health promotion in primary care.
- You have experience with interprofessional collaboration in health care and/or prevention.
- You are involved in other professional activities and/or you have demonstrable experience that may contribute to the quality of the practicebased teaching in health promotion.
- You are interested in a teaching assignment in health promotion.
- You have adequate and active knowledge of Dutch, spoken and written (language of instruction is Dutch).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a one-year appointment, which may be renewed indefinitely for five years at a time. Attention: You cannot be appointed for a cumulative percentage of more than 30% as a Teaching Assistant at Ghent University.
- Your appointment will start on 1 October 2019 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined according to salary scale AAP3. More information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 38 days of paid leave (per year for a fulltime employment), bicycle commuting reimbursement, ecocheques, etc. A complete overview of all our fringe benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not sent through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘Cv’: your cv in pdf format
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field ‘Certificate of equivalence’: only for diplomas awarded outside the European Union a certificate of equivalence (NARIC) must be submitted. (This can be requested via www.naricvlaanderen.be/en).
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Benedicte Deforche (Benedicte.Deforche@UGent.be, +32 09/3323615).
EURAXESS offer ID: 439875
Posting organisation offer ID: 133201
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.