ORGANISATION/COMPANYJohannes Kepler University Linz
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electronic engineeringPhysics › Electronics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Linz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
As the largest institution of research and education in Upper Austria, the Johannes Kepler University Linz has over 20,000 enrolled students and 3,300 employees. The JKU’s four faculties offer over 70 academic degree programs. We are looking to strengthen our team and announce an immediate job opening for a
(must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree)
for a full-time, three-year position
at the LIT Soft Materials Lab
Job Reference Number: 4009
- Assist in completing research grant applications
- Highly self-motivated, able to conduct research independently (pursuant to the department’s area of research) and be actively involved in the department’s publication projects
- Publish scientific findings in top-rated international journals (e.g. Nature, Science) and present at conferences
- Provide support to manage the institute’s general administration activities
- Independently teach (or: participate in teaching) university-level classes (exercises, practical training courses)
- Supervise or co-supervise Bachelor’s/Master’s/Ph.D. theses
- The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate (or equivalent qualification) in Physics, Electronic/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- Research experience (documented by a corresponding dissertation or publications in academic journals) in one or more of the following fields:
- Mechanical and electromagnetic finite element analysis
- Design, fabrication, characterization, and optimization of soft robotics
- Modelling of dielectric elastomers, hydrogels and soft hybrid devices thereof
- Theoretical and practical expertise in additive manufacturing and rapid prototyping (e.g. 3d‑printing), modelling of soft materials and functional structures, fabrication and characterization of stretchable electronics and soft robots, experience in handling FEM Programs (COMSOL, ABAQUS)
- Ability to independently conduct research
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
The minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is
€ 3,803.90 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1).
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. DI Dr. Martin Kaltenbrunner, P +43 732 2468 9760,
Application deadline: October 30, 2019.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal http://jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz.
Please include “Job Reference Number 4009” in your application.
EURAXESS offer ID: 453311
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.