ORGANISATION/COMPANYJohannes Kepler University Linz
RESEARCH FIELDPhysics › Solid state physics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Linz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
As the largest institution of research and education in Upper Austria, the Johannes Kepler University Linz has over 20,000 enrolled students and 3,300 employees. The JKU’s four faculties offer over 70 academic degree programs. We are looking to strengthen our team at the Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences and announce an immediate job opening for a
(must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree)
for a full-time, six-year position
at the Institute of Semiconductor and Solid-State Physics, Department of Solid-State Physics
Job Reference Number: 4011
- Conduct research and actively take part in the group’s quantum‑materials-related projects
- Publish research findings in international scientific journals and present at conferences
- Supervise students and provide support for lectures and classroom instruction
- The successful candidate must hold a Doctorate/Ph.D. degree in Physics
- Experience in spintronics, cryogenic magneto-transport measurements and crystal growth
- Design and develop new experimental systems
- Demonstrate expertise in the group’s research topics is promotive (in particular: fabricating and characterizing quantum materials, designing and developing new experimental systems, physics of: topological insulators, 2D heterostructures, (magnetic) lll-nitrides, proximity effects, superconductors)
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and provide student and educational support
The minimum salary in accordance with the collective agreement is
€ 3,803.90 gross per month (14 x per year, CA Job Grade: B1).
If you have questions, please contact: Univ. Prof. Dr. Alberta Bonanni, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: October 30, 2019.
The Johannes Kepler University wishes to increase the proportion of academic female faculty and, for this reason, especially welcomes applications by qualified women. If applicants are equally qualified, a woman will be given preference for this position. The university welcomes applications from qualified applicants with physical disabilities. These applications will be given special consideration.
Prospective applicants interested in the multifaceted position are requested to electronically send an application in adherence to the stated criteria together with the requested documentation via our online portal http://jku.at/application or to the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Department of Human Resource Management, Altenberger Straße 69, A-4040 Linz.
Please include “Job Reference Number 4011” in your application.
EURAXESS offer ID: 453313
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.