RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Civil engineeringEngineering › Computer engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineeringEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/01/2020 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK38
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
Create new innovative prototype software tools that support embedded control design.
At Flanders Make, we create new methods and intelligent software to support industrial designers of leading automotive and machine building companies in Flanders. New methods are needed to automate data handling in complex design processes, more specifically:
- to automatically generate design concepts;
- to optimise both control algorithm and embedded platform so as to enable embedded platform engineers to perform a trade-off analysis.
Develop & validate advanced software technology
As an expert in embedded and real-time machine software, you will:
- Work in a software research team to develop the above-described advanced software technology (frameworks) for the design of controllers for industrial concepts (compressors, active shock absorbers, weaving looms…);
- Take the lead in the validation of developed software technology and explain to the team the criteria for its successful implementation.
More concretely, you will:
- Set up the characterisation of the embedded software and hardware (objectives, memory and other constraints, execution times, buses…);
- Be actively involved from conceptual idea generation up to the implementation on a working demonstrator;
- Try to prevent possible implementation problems, as early as possible in the research process;
- Validate the new advanced software framework
- Design, develop and, when ready, test key software components;
- Run the code on ECU/TCU control units;
- Translate the software model (model-based design algorithms) into a code (C++) wherever needed.
- Flanders Make gives you the opportunity to develop yourself in the network of top industry and universities and research institutes;
- An open-minded, flexible and challenging working environment;
- A warm atmosphere and top colleagues;
- An attractive salary with fringe benefits.
How to apply :
Please fill in the online application form and upload a motivation letter and cv
Flanders Make is the strategic research centre for the manufacturing industry. Our mission is to strengthen the long-term international competitiveness of the Flemish manufacturing industry. That’s why we work together with SMEs and large companies on pre-competitive, industry-driven technological research, resulting in concrete product and production innovation in the vehicle industry, the manufacturing industry, and production environments.
This animation movie illustrates how Flanders Make sees operators functioning in the factory of the future, working side by side with cobots, and autonomous mobile robots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHSAhXoaVKU
Take a look at our research and our projects:
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Experienced embedded software engineer
- A Master’s diploma in Engineering (Computer Science, Information Science, ICT engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics…);
- Genuine interest in prototype software frameworks and are committed to acquire skills in some new modelling languages (SysML, Eclipse, Simulink…);
- A strong background in Design, Development, Implementation and Testing & Validation of embedded systems;
- Programming skills and knowledge of C++ and embedded operating systems (RTOS, embedded Linux) are required;
- Expertise in hardware, real-time operating systems, electronics or control engineering is a plus.
- Passionate about research and new technologies;
- Result-oriented, responsible and hands-on in progress;
- A team player;
- A good communicator;
- Eager to learn.
EURAXESS offer ID: 453341
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.