ORGANISATION/COMPANYThe Cyprus Institute
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineeringMathematicsPhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONCyprus › Nicosia
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a European non-profit science and technology oriented Educational and Research Institution based in Cyprus and led by an acclaimed Board of Trustees. The research agenda of the CyI are pursued at its four Research Centers: The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC), the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture Research Center (STARC), the Energy Environment Water Research Center (EEWRC) and the Climate and Atmosphere Research Center (CARE-C). Considerable cross-center interaction is a characteristic of the Institute’s culture.
The Computation-based Science and Technology Research Center (CaSToRC) of CyI invites applications for a Scientific Coordinator with project management duties. The Scientific Coordinator will take responsibility for coordinating and supporting the implementation of the CaSToRC EuroHPC National Competence Center (NCC). The successful candidate will manage day-to-day activities of the NCC, led by the Director of CaSToRC. The successful candidate will work closely with Director of CaSToRC to maximize impact of activities in coordination with other related CaSToRC Projects activities.
About the CaSToRC EuroHPC National Competence Center
The overarching goal of the project is to build a properly functioning National HPC Competence Center (NCC) in Cyprus with a high-level support team, technical and administrative personnel to deliver a three-fold mission:
- to advance national competitiveness in research;
- to improve effectiveness of government services and
- to catalyze innovation and engagement of industry.
To implement this mission, the NCC in Cyprus will coordinate its activities with other HPC centers across Europe. Within the EuroCC project.
The NCC will work closely with the Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy (RIDP) to implement the priorities of the Cyprus government in terms of national HPC, data analytics and AI capabilities as well as its policies in the Eastern Mediterranean (EM) region. In relation to the latter, the NCC will seek to advance the regional role of Cyprus enabling it to act as a hub of computational science in the EM.
The successful candidate will be carrying out the following activities:
- Participation in the planning, oversight and coordination of the activities of the NCC.
- Project administration/coordination (financial reporting, deliverables, communication with funding organizations)
- NCC activities progress monitoring and KPI reporting
- Identification of sustainable funding opportunities (from various funding sources including EU, Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation (RIF))
- Aiding in the development and writing of project proposals
- Liaising with the Deputy Minister of Research, Innovation and Digital Policy (RIDP) for the NCC to implement the priorities of the Cyprus government
- Engaging with industrial partners within the context of the NCC activities
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest and a list of three referees (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Contact person: Dr. S. Erotokritou
Reference number: CaSToRC_SC_EuroHPC_20_08
- A PhD degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences or any other relevant field
- Previous experience in a research/academic institution
- Knowledge of applications of high performance computing
- Experience with presentations at conferences and workshops
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written English
- Knowledge of computational methods and High-Performance Computing
- Strong scientific and technical writing skills
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- High level organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and change priorities with limited supervision
- Experience in presenting to medium and large audiences
- Experience in project management
- Experience in proposal writing for competitive funding
- Knowledge of project management techniques and software tools
- Publications in conference proceedings or journals
EURAXESS offer ID: 559059
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.