ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Osnabrück
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/10/2020 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONGermany › Osnabrück
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2020
The Department of Biochemistry at the School of Biology/Chemistry is seeking to appoint a Research Assistant to commence work at the earliest possible date.
This is a temporary, three-year position.
- Participation in a DFG-funded research project: “Role of the Rab GTPase Ypt7 in vacuole membrane contacts and signaling”
- Analysis of proteins involved in contacts between vacuoles and mitochondria
- Purification and analysis of large protein complexes
- Organelle isolation and reconstitution of contact sites
- Application of cell biology and biochemistry techniques
Opportunity to work towards a PhD outside working hours
- An international working environment in a research group with a focus on organelle biogenesis
- Close cooperation with international project partners
- Association to local research consortia and training within a PhD program
Osnabrück University is a certified family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please submit your applications (including CV, certificates of qualification, a letter of motivation stating your detailled interest in the topic, and the names and contact information of two professional referees) in electronic form by the 30th of September 2020 to the dean of the faculty of Biology/Chemistry, Osnabrueck University code “GTP2”, email: firstname.lastname@example.org). We look forward to receiving your application.
- You will have completed a university degree (M.Sc.) in Biology, Chemistry or related fields
- Experience in organelle biogenesis in eukaryotic cells
- Knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry techniques
- Ability to work in an international team
- Very good knowledge of English as a working language of the lab
EURAXESS offer ID: 559079
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.