ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Fundamental Technological Research Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomaterial engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/11/2020 16:07 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2020
Electrospun conducting hydrogel nanomaterials for neural tissue engineering
Neurological diseases, disorders and injuries have always been among the challenges faced by humanity. Medications and physical therapy often prove insufficient to cure patients affected by these clinical problems. Electrical stimulation of nerve tissue and recording of neural electrical activity are at the forefront of biomedical diagnosis and treatments. Brain stimulation is based on the implantation of biomaterials placed at the interface between a device and body tissues, to record physiological electrical signals and to stimulate the brain.
The aim of this research project is to develop bioactive nanomaterials for neural tissue engineering. The development of the proposed electrospun implantable conducting hydrogel nanomaterials will bring enormous advantages to patients and will open up great opportunities for innovative and advanced bionic applications. The biomaterials will be studied with all the necessary methods to prove their outstanding properties and allow the needed miniaturization necessary for the emerging biomedical applications.
1. Postdoc position in a top-ranked research institute in Europe
2. Full-time employment contract within an internationally competitive environment
3. Access to modern equipment and facilities
4. Possibility for interdisciplinary collaborations with foreign cooperation partners
5. Opportunity to participate in scientific conferences and training courses
Holding a doctoral degree/PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Physics, Nanotechnology or any related field of Material Sciences for no longer than 5 years
1. Motivation letter with a description of research interests and previous experience relevant to the position applied for
2. CV and complete list of publications
3. Attested copies of scientific degree (MSc/PhD), diploma in English
4. Reference letter and an additional referee that we can contact
5. Please include in your CV the following clause: "I agree to the processing of personal data contained in my job offer for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment process conducted by IPPT PAN with headquarters in Warsaw, ul. A. Pawińskiego 5B, according to art. 13 para. 1 and 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (RODO)”.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com quoting "Postdoc3 FirstTeam [Surname of the Applicant]" in the email subject.
For additional information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site for additional job details
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
1. Holding a doctoral degree/PhD in Chemistry, Polymer Science, Physics, Nanotechnology or any related field of Material Sciences for no longer than 5 years
2. Solid background in polymer biomaterial development (expertise in electrospinning as well as hydrogel and/or conjugated polymer nanomaterial fabrication is desirable)
3. Keen interest in polymer nanomaterial characterization (e.g. SEM, AFM, FT-IR, XRD, DSC, TGA, four-point method, etc.)
4. Ability to design, execute and evaluate research experiments (experience with in vitro and in vivo tests is not mandatory but highly desirable)
5. Excellent collaboration skills as well as the ability to work independently
6. Ability to co-supervise students
7. Highly capable of communicating scientific results in English, both orally and in writing
EURAXESS offer ID: 559080
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.