ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Applied chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/04/2021 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40 hours per week
- as soon as possible
- for 5 years, possibility for a permanent position depending on requirement and performance evaluation
We are looking for a Senior Scientist with doctorate (full time). In this interesting and responsible position, you will be involved in all aspects of research, teaching and administration of the chair for chemical engineering and material process technology of Univ.-Prof. Dr. Oliver Strube. We offer you the opportunity to establish your own, complementary research focus, as well as independent teaching in chemical engineering and participatation in all relevant tasks of the chair. The main tasks in detail:
- Independent research in the fields of chemical process engineering and / or non-metallic materials science. The specific research direction must be complementary to that of the chair holder .
- Participation in research tasks at the chair .
- Acquisition of research projects and third-party funding .
- Cooperation with industrial partners, in particular project management, networking and representation of the chair holder .
- Independent teaching of chemical engineering courses in German and English
- Participation in research, teaching and administrative tasks
- Laboratory management including supervision of sensitive analytical devices, especially AFM and SEM .
- Participation in congresses and meetings and further education, also on behalf of the chair holder .
- A close and long-term cooperation with the chair holder Prof. Dr. Oliver Strube is planned.
- Relevant diploma or master’s degree (grade: very good) in chemical engineering, non-metallic materials science or chemistry with a technical or applied specialization .
- Completed relevant doctoral degree / PhD in the field of chemical engineering, non-metallic materials science or chemistry with a technical or applied focus .
- Relevant research experience, proven by numerous publications in international, refereed journals as "first author" and / or "corresponding author", and ideally in addition through relevant patents.
- Experience in the independent operation of high-resolution (electron) microscopes is advantageous .
- Proof of successful acquisition of several third-party funded projects .
- Experience in management of third-party funded projects .
- Experience in supervising final theses, including at least master's theses .
- Experience in university teaching in chemical engineering or related areas, ideally own lecture experience .
- Excellent written and spoken German and English language skills.
- Teamwork, commitment in dealing with students, communication skills, confidentiality
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified female scientists. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the trusted representative for scientists with a disability at the University of Innsbruck, Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 625157
Posting organisation offer ID: CHEM-PHARM-11835
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.