ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/05/2021 20:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Cerdanyola del Valles
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
Description of Group/Project:
Mass producing nano and microstructures over large areas is paramount to transfer the advantages of advanced micro/nano technologies developed by researchers to commercial applications. In particular, a variety of emerging large-area NIL processes (e.g. roll-to-plate NIL, roll-to-roll NIL process) provide ideal solutions and powerful tools for mass producing micro/nanostructures over large areas and continuous patterning at low cost and high yield rate for the industrial scale applications.
The objective of the project is to fabricate micro/nanostructures over large areas by imprint lithography as a test for mass production and for transferring a technology from the lab to the industry. This objective is driven by the need to produce advanced thermo-functional materials for passive cooling applications at industrial scale, which could help reduce the high energy foot print of current cooling technologies, thus contributing technologically to mitigate climate change.
The project is part of the ICN2 collaboration with the recently created spin-off Cooling Photonics
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
We are looking for a motivated research engineer to contribute to solve the challenges of scaling-up our micro- and nanoreplication processes from a current batch-to-batch imprint lithography to large-area fabrication through pilots with the industry.
Ideally, the successful applicant has experience in nanotechnology and nanofabrication. The main goal is to a to implement a solution to scale-up our current micro- and nanoreplication processes based on batch-to-batch imprint lithography to a method suited for large-areas with high throughput. The applicant will participate in a project involving interactions with industry, market and research. Planning, experimental method development, instrumentation, carrying out of planned and new experiments, analysis of data and reporting of results are an integral part of the activities associated with the position.
As a research engineer:
• You will use your expertise in optics and in nanoimprint technology to contribute to carry out a pilot project where a surface of few m2 must be covered with a patterned material using imprint UV lithography.
• You will participate in the conception and the design of an implementation for printing a patterned film on a surface of few m2. You can rely on the processing and analysis tools in our cleanroom facilities and associated laboratories.
• You will contribute to design, plan and carry out pilot tests with big industry players, providing valuable inputs for the analysis of experimental data and the reporting of results.
• You will perform the optical characterization and physical testing, evaluation of performance, durability and reliability testing and document the process, characterization and the assessment of the results.
Summary of conditions:
- Full time work (37,5h/week)
- Contract Length: Temporary (6 months)
- Salary will depend on qualifications and demonstrated experience.
- Support to the relocation issues.
- Life Insurance.
Estimated Incorporation date: 1st May 2021
How to apply:
All applications must be made via the ICN2 website https://jobs.icn2.cat/job-openings/283/research-engineer-in-nanoimprint-lithography and include the following:
- A cover letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- 2 Reference letters or referee contacts.
ICN2 is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion of people with disabilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
Self-motivated and willing to tackle the challenges of bringing nanoimprint technology to a large-scale nanofabrication technique.
Creative and like to think with the team to solve problems.
Ability to meet deadlines with quality output deliverables.
Flexible to accept new challenges in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment.
Excellent team player with very good communication and reporting skills.
You are able to identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
A BSc or Master degree in material science, physics, nanotechnology, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and professional experience
Background in nanoimprint technology.
Good understanding of the related material properties and processing concepts is essential while, experience in optics is a plus.
EURAXESS offer ID: 625358
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.