ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/01/2020 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from doctoral candidates in the general area of Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain). SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners.
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated PhD candidates who wish to pursue research in close cooperation with our partners. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu and https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/finatrax.
Doctoral Position (PhD student) in Management and Governance of Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain)
- Ref: RCREQ0003389, 50015399
- Initial contract of 14 months, renewable for up to 36 months, with a further possible 1-year extension if required.
- On full time basis (40hrs/week).
- Employee and student status.
What we’re looking for:
- The interest and desire to work in interdisciplinary teams
- A desire to deliver the best solutions in the highest quality
- The ability to work in a team, motivation, self-initiative, flexibility, and willingness to work
- Sound analytical skills
- Solution-oriented working habits
- The willingness to assume responsibility
- An excellent degree
The successful candidates will join a strong and motivated research team lead by Prof. Gilbert Fridgen. They will carry out research in the context of Prof. Fridgen’s PayPal-FNR PEAL Research Grant in order to pursue a doctoral degree on the following topics:
- Strategic, management, and operational implications of the use of Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT)
- Requirements of enterprise and public infrastructure applications of DLT
- Regulatory compliance and standardization of DLT solutions
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Investigate the effects of using DLT on corporate strategy, management practices, and processes
- Investigate the technical, organizational, and legal requirements of enterprise-grade and public-infrastructure applications
- Investigate the interaction of software design and governance models in the context of DLT solutions
- Investigate software designs and governance models that ensure compliance with key regulations such as the GDPR and eIDAS
- Disseminate results through scientific publications
- Contribute to corporate and public sector advisory bodies, such as the EBP EBSI Technical Working Group of the European Commission, where Prof. Fridgen serves as expert counsel, and possibly the INATBA Academic Advisory Board.
- Assist in the organization of relevant workshops
Qualification: The candidate should possess a M.Sc. degree or equivalent in Management, Economics, Information Systems Engineering, Technology Management, Computer Science, or a related subject. The candidate should have experience in qualitative research and be highly motivated to explore new designs and find creative solutions to technical challenges.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of the following topics:
- Management of Information and Communication Technology
- Distributed Databases, Blockchain, or a related topic
and be familiar with the principles of
- Qualitative research, in particular case study research
- Solution architecture
Development skills with DLT solutions are “cherries on the cake”.
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of either French, German or Luxembourgish is desirable.
The University offers a Ph.D. study program with an initial contract of 14 months, renewable for up to 36 months, with a further possible 1-year extension if required, on full time basis (40hrs/week). The University of Luxembourg offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created university.
Application (only online):
Application should include:
- Full CV.
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken.
- Statement on the candidate’s motivation for applying (minimum 300 words).
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (minimum 300 words).
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: January 1st, 2020. Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival. Only applications submitted through the University’s job portal will be processed.
Link : http://emea3.mrted.ly/2cro6
EURAXESS offer ID: 468882
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.